You need 2,000 Star Tokens to purchase this precious Stardrop, and the Grange Display Contest is the best way to get them.
- How many points do you need?
- How do you score points?
- how do you do the math
- Can you win in your first year?
TheStardew-TalFair is a wondrous event that takes place in Pelican Town on the 16th of Fall each year. It's a time for townspeople to gather for fun events and for local artisans and shopkeepers to display their excellent craftsmanship. What is most interesting for the players is that farmers can show off the best of their annual harvest.
RELATED:Stardew Valley: The best things every farm needs
In the fall, you can enter a contest called the Grange Display, Stardew Valley's best opportunity to show off your farm progress.You'll face off against Marnie, Willy, and Pierre to prove your farm produces the absolute best goods in Stardew Valley. The one to beat is Pierre, who is known to win the competition every year (if you don't, that means!).This guide will give you all the information you need to start winningand put it in its place year after year.
THEGAMER-VIDEO DES TAGES
Updated March 12, 2023 by Branden Lizardi:We have revised and updated this guide to ensure that it contains both the best information available to you and that all of that information is presented in a clean and easy to understand manner. Good luck with your next Grange Display!
How many points do you need?
There arefive different rankingscan be reached at the Grange Display competition at the show. If you are interested in grabbing some items from the Star Token Shop includingone of the few stardrops in the entire game, you will wantEarn as many tokens as possible by getting first place.
Rewarded Star Tokens
90 or more
less than 60 points
These include Mayor Lewis' shorts
750 (as a bribe)
How do you score points?
You get points in four different waysonce you have entered the ad contest. There areYou get some points just for participating, but the ones you should focus on are the ones you get for submitting articles.
Just by entering the competition,You have earned 14 points.
RELATED:Stardew Valley: A Community Center Completion Guide
Number of items entered
Your display also gets points when it's full!Always add nine items, even if some of the items are not good or even rubbish,because it increases your total score and ensures you don't lose points.
9 items entered
8 items entered
7 items entered
6 items entered
5 items entered
4 items entered
3 items entered
2 items entered
1 item entered
0 items entered
The fair recognizes eight categories of items for display.Adding an item from each category earns your display five additional points. However, this only works a maximum of six times,SoYou only need items in six of the categories, not all eight.Your last three articles can be repeats if you wish!
The item categories are...
- Animal products(anything collected from your animals like eggs, milk or wool)
- Craft Goods(anything made with a barrel, mason jar, oil maker, etc. such as pickles, jellies, honey, wine, or mayonnaise
- Cook(any food that is often prepared in a kitchen, such as maki rolls, ginger ale, pancakes, spicy eel, or sashimi)
- Fisch(anything caught with a rod or in a crab pot such as sea cucumber, snails, stingray, pike, lobster, halibut or ling cod)
- Foraging, flowers and tree saps(Wild or farm-grown flowers such as holly, mushrooms, poppies, winterroots, or cave carrots, and tree saps such as pine tar or maple syrup)
- fruit(any fruit that grows on a tree or in the farm soil, such as melon, star fruit, strawberries, cactus fruits, apples, blackberries, or coconuts)
- minerals(any special gem or stone found when mining rocks, including Amethyst, Aquamarine, Obsidian, Jade, Star Shards, or Thunder Eggs)
- Vegetables(any vegetable you can grow on the farm like beets, amaranth, pumpkins, taro root, tea leaves, garlic, corn or hops)
RELATED:Stardew Valley: The best plants to grow in a greenhouse
Selling price and quality of the entered items
The last way you willEarning points is based on the sale value and quality level of your items. Ideally you want to placeIridium quality items that would sell for 200g or morebecause they earn eight points (the maximum for an article).
Selling price of the item
400g or more
The Grange Display takes into account an item's actual selling price, not its base selling price.
For example aAlbacore tuna is worth 75g regular quality and 112g gold quality. According to this table, a gold albacore is between 90 g and 199 g. Then,because it's gold quality it gets more of a bonus.So a gold albacore would be worth five points.
how do you do the math
With all the information from the previous section, you can now check the items in your inventory to see if you can win the competition or not. They have a week lead time for the festival so there isplenty of time to make last-minute adjustments.
Step one is to assess the individual scores of your items.
For the purposes of this calculation, we've assumed that you haven't chosen the ranching profession or anything else that adds value to an item. If yes, you should consider this price to calculate the total score.
- First, you may have spent time cultivating a barn with lots of goats and cows that you love! If so, you will be able to get oneLarge Iridium quality milk.That has a base retail price of 380g, which is worth iteight points.If you put some of the inferior large milk into a cheese maker, you can earn oneGold quality cheese.It has a base retail price of 345g, which is well worth itsix points.You can also get goat milk - onIridium grade goat milkbrings you 450g, so it's worth iteight pointsin the advertising.
- You may also have cultivated a small stable and a few ducks. Throw any duck egg into a mayonnaise maker and you'll be rewarded with oneRegular quality duck mayonnaiseworth 375g. It will earnfive points.
- If you had known the fair was coming, you could have salvaged the best harvests of the past three seasons. OneNormal quality parsnips(from the spring) is worth 35g, righttwo pointsin your ad. ANormal quality melon(from the spring) is sold for 250 g and you getfour points.And aGold Quality Pumpkin(from autumn) is worth 480g and a cool onesix points.
- Your other adventures in Stardew Valley can earn you those last few points you need. fishing aGold grade albacorewould you earn 112g orfive points.Attach to aDiamondfrom the mines would have sold for 750g but gets itsix pointsin your Grange display.
Your current score is 50.Now let's look at everything else.
- You added nine items,So you get a bonus ofnine points.
- Plus,You took part in the competitionPeriod, so that's a different one14 points.
- Eventually you've satisfied Vegetables, Minerals, Fruits, Fish, Craft Goods, and Animal Productscategories.That is five points each for a total30 points.
Your final score for first place is a total of 103 points!
Some sample winning display combinations
That's a fewsurefire ways to win the display competition, assuming you have those items (or similarly valuable items).
- 4 Iridium grade goat cheese
- 1 Iridium Quality Fiddlehead Fern
- 1 Iridium Grade Coconut
- 1 Iridium quality duck feather
- 1 Iridium-quality Purple Mushroom
- 1 Iridium quality pike
- 1 Iridium-grade Large Milk
- 1 Iridium Quality Woodskip
- 1 Iridium grade sashimi
- 1 normal quality diamond
- 1 normal quality star fruit
- 1 regular quality goat cheese
- 1 Iridium-grade Super Cucumber
- 1 Iridium Quality Sturgeon
- 1 Iridium quality tiger trout
Whether you have or notcertain professions that increase the base value of certain itemsaffects the exact total you receive. These examples are guidelines only.
- 1 Iridium-grade Large Milk
- 1 regular quality hops
- 1 gold grade albacore tuna
- 1 Iridium grade goat milk
- 1 regular quality duck mayonnaise
- 1 gold quality cheese
- 1 regular quality melon
- 1 normal quality diamond
- 1 gold-quality pumpkin
- 1 Gold Grade Mayonnaise
- 1 Gold-quality Purple Mushroom
- 1 Gold Quality Midnight Carp
- 1 Gold Grade Strawberry
- 1 gold-quality pumpkin
- 1 gold grade artichoke
- 1 gold grade sardine
- 1 Gold Quality Crystal Fruit
- 1 gold grade coral
- 9 Iridium grade truffles
RELATED:Stardew Valley: Goals to achieve in the first year
Can you win in your first year?
while hardIt is absolutely possible to win the competition in the first yearin Stardew Valley. Prioritize variety and get at least six of the applicable categories, then high-value silver or gold items in that order (don't sacrifice all six categories just for a slightly higher-value item).
Some items that earn great points and that you can include in the first year are:
- gold cheeseis absolutely available for your first year as long as you give your cows the love and attention they need. You are part ofthe "Handicrafts" category.and are worth six points at gold level.
- The recipe forcheese caulifloweris easy to obtain;Pam will mail it to you once you've made three hearts of friendship with her. Not only that, but the ingredients aren't unreasonable either—cauliflower, which you can grow in the spring, and regular aged cheese. This dish, which belongs to the Cooking category, is worth five points.
- If you have already managed to invest in goats,goat cheeseof normal quality is worth six points. It only goes up to eight points if it's Iridium, so don't worry about investing in a relationship with your goats to score high here. Like regular cheese, goat cheese is a crafting good.
- melonsthat you can grow in the summer fall under the "fruit" category. They areworth four points with normal quality. However, if you get the melon to silver (which you can reliably do with some fertilizer), they're worth six points! Just be sure to plant them early in the summer as they take 12 days to grow.
- It's tempting to experiment with the things you find while collecting, but when you come across onelilac Pilz, put it away for your Grange exhibition! It belongs to the Gathering, Flowers and Tree Sap category and is worth four points at normal quality. If you are lucky enough to stumble across this in your freshman yeara purple mushroom of silver or gold quality, it will be worth six points.
- Grow some cauliflowers in your first spring and save at least one—once canned, they'll become cucumbers.Pickled Caulifloweris worth six points with normal quality! It also counts as a crafting good.
NEXT:Stardew Valley: Complete Guide and Walkthrough